This was my best trip so far, let me explain why:
- We did 2 meetings to align everything, 1 meeting over skype and other in my house
- We have been to Sweden, Norway and Finland
- We arrive there 4 days after a 2 solar flares and we saw the result of them in our first night in the Aurora Zone (2013-02-13)
- Everyone went very well prepared: Clothing and Mind (You have to prepare yourself for an Adventure like this)
- No complaints during the trip, the guys were really enjoying every single moment of it.
- The train ticket could be cheaper, but we choose to have beds for the night train and the ticket was re-bookable (in case we weren’t able to catch the train on time)
- Linen, food and Diesel not included in the below figures (it worked out ~50 a head)
Ok, Let’s talk about figures… Show me the money!!!
Price per head
RyanAir Dublin to Stockholm Skavsta
Bus to Stockholm
Train to Abisko (15 hours train)
1 Night at Abisko STF
Train to Narvik
Bus from Narvik to Tromso
Car rental in Tromso city (avis)
4 nights at Strandbu Cabin
Norwegian flight to Oslo
Train to Oslo city
Bus to Oslo Rygge Airport
RyanAir to Dublin
That’s it guys! A great Budget adventure! We saw the Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights) every single NIGHT!